- Billabong Pro Tahiti 2013
- Billabong Pro Tahara 2013
- Billabong Pipe Masters 2012
- Billabong Pro Tahiti 2012
- Billabong Pro Tahara 2012
- Billabong Pro J-Bay 2012
- Billabong Rio Pro 2012
- Australian Open of Surfing 2012
- Billabong World Junior Championships 2011
- Billabong Pipeline Masters 2011
- Billabong Pro Tahiti 2011
- Billabong Pro JBay 2011
- Billabong Rio Pro 2011
Day 12 of 12
- WEBCAST IS
WEATHER: SunnyWIND: None
SCHEDULE: Mick Fanning Wins!UPDATED: 1.47am, 27th August , 2012 (Tahiti time)
More than once, the South Pacific has puzzled organizers of the Billabong Pro Tahiti. Instead of ghastly Teahupo’o caves there’s been a series of lacklustre waiting periods (and secretly relieved competitors) — but not this year. Even before the Top 34 began packing for their Air Tahiti flights there was buzz about a monster, a real Chopes swell, inching its way up the satellite screen. Two weeks away. One week.
Kelly Slater brought to Teahupo’o momentum from his US Open win just prior. Bruce Irons brought the memory of his brother, who won this event — Andy’s last — in 2010. The rest brought pintails and steel nerves as Tahiti truly, finally, lived up to its reputation in time for the contest.
What followed was far more memorable than any scores, ratings or prize money.
Check out Surfing Magazines website