- Nixon WTA Tahiti 2011, Jeremy Flores, Round 5 - Heat 1 Round 5, Heat 1
- Nixon WTA - Tahiti 2011 - Owen Wright Round 4, Heat 4
- Nixon WTA - Tahiti 2011 - Jadson Andre Round 3, Heat 5
- Nixon WTA - Tahiti 2011 - Matt Wilkinson Round 3, Heat 5
- Nixon WTA Tahiti 2011,Cory Lopez , Round 3 - Heat 1 Nixon Winner Takes All - Tahiti 2011 - Heaviest Wave
- Nixon WTA Tahiti 2011, Alejo Muniz, Round 2 - Heat 11 Nixon Winner Takes All - Tahiti 2011 - Heaviest Wave
- Nixon WTA Tahiti 2011,Daniel Ross, Round 2 - Heat 7 Nixon Winner Takes All - Tahiti 2011 - Heaviest Wave
- Nixon WTA Tahiti 2011,Joel Parkinson, Round 2 - Heat 5 Nixon Winner Takes All - Tahiti 2011 - Heaviest Wave
- Nixon WTA Tahiti 2011,Jeremy Flores, Round 2 - Heat 1 Nixon Winner Takes All - Tahiti 2011 - Heaviest Wave
- Nixon WTA Tahiti 2011,Raoni Monteiro, Round 2 - Heat 8 Nixon Winner Takes All - Tahiti 2011 - Heaviest Wave
- Nixon WTA Tahiti 2011, Julian Wilson, Round 1 - Heat 12 Nixon Winner Takes All - Tahiti 2011 - Heaviest Wave
- Nixon WTA Tahiti 2011, Gabe Kling, Round 1 - Heat 4 Nixon Winner Takes All - Tahiti 2011 - Heaviest Wave
JEREMY FLORES CLAIMS WTA VICTORY DURING THE BILLABONG PRO TAHITI
Flores wins third stop of Nixon’s 2011 WTA at Teahupoo for Heaviest Wave
ENCINITAS, CA- Jeremy Flores (FR) claims victory as the WTA (Winner-Takes-All) “Heaviest Wave” winner at the Billabong Pro at Teahupoo, Tahiti. In honor of Jeremy’s performance, he was awarded with a one-of-a-kind Nixon watch valued at over $10,000 USD.
The event saw a range of moods in surf conditions with every day of the event showing progressively heavier surf. With Jeremy charging in Heat 1 of Round 2, his first heat of the day proved to be undoubtedly one of the highlights of the event. With the contestability of the event wavering due to a growing swell and an uninviting Teahupoo, Jeremy was able to throw caution to the wind and charge. Although he didn’t make it out of the wave, he received accolade for what was, without a doubt, the “Heaviest Wave.”
“I think one of the best things about the event is that we saw a lot of guys step up to the plate and really put themselves on the line,” states Mike Murciano, Nixon Marketing Manager. “We are stoked to be a part of such an amazing event with some of the best surf we’ve seen on tour in years.”
The Nixon WTA is a winner-takes-all event along four stops of the 2011 ASP (Association of Surng Professionals) World Tour. e WTA awards surfers for achievements during these four stops, with challenges ranging from Highest Heat Score to Heaviest Wave. Open to all surfers from trials to nals, the WTA has become a highly regarded portion of the ASP tour.
As this year’s WTA Teahupoo winner, Jeremy Flores was awarded a custom Nixon Magnacon SS watch. is one-of-a-kind watch features a custom engraved case back, a Swiss movement, 60 rubies around the bezel, four two-millimeter decorative black diamonds on the dial, and 24 black diamonds on the dial for hour indices. e Magnacon SS comes complete with an applied Tahitian ag with the country colors on the hands.
Previous Nixon WTA Tahiti Winners for Heaviest Wave have included:
2010- Kamalei Alexander
2009- Bobby Martinez
2008- Ryan Hipwood
2007- Manoa Drollet
Video content from the WTA Tahiti is available to view now on http://www.billabongpro.com/tahiti11/nixon-wta-gb/
About the Nixon WTA
Now in its fth consecutive year, e Nixon WTA is a winner-takes-all event which awards custom, limited edition Nixon timepieces at four stops along the ASP World Tour. e four WTA challenges include: biggest air in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, in May; the highest heat score in Jereys Bay, South Africa, in July; heaviest wave at Teahupoo, Tahiti, in August; and the overall Triple Crown winner on the North Shore of Oahu in December. e WTA celebrates an achievement in the contest that may have otherwise gone forgotten. e WTA makes sure to capture and reward a special moment in the event that usually coincides with the events best conditions.
Founded in 1998 in Encinitas, CA, Nixon is the premium watch and accessories brand for the youth lifestyle market. Focused on making the little stu better, Nixon began with a small line of team-designed, custom-built watches sold exclusively in specialty boardsport and fashion retailers. Currently distributed in over 65 countries, Nixon’s product range has grown to include select men’s and women’s softgoods, leather goods and custom headphones.